The high efficiency home comfort that geothermal units provide is not only used for heating. In the hot summer months, the ground around your house, or the water deep in a pond or lake, is typically cooler than the air outside. Just as a geothermal system draws warmth from the ground in the winter, geothermal units can draw coolness from the ground to use as air conditioning.
Some benefits to using geothermal air conditioning include:
- Reduction in operating costs compared to traditional heating and cooling systems
- Geothermal units provide year-round heating and cooling, as well as hot water for home use
- Over two-thirds reduction in greenhouse gases compared to carbon-based fuel powered heating and cooling
- No odors are released, making them perfect for highly-insulated buildings, as well as for people who are allergic or sensitive to noxious gases and poor air quality
- Equipment is durable and long-lasting
- Geothermal systems are safe. They are non-flammable and there is no need to store fuel